Picture of What critical thinking skills do you need to have as a software engineer at Nokia?

What critical thinking skills do you need to have as a software engineer at Nokia?

Picture of Ruchi
3 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Nidal A. asked a question to Ruchi R.

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Last reviewed: Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Picture of Ruchi R.

Ruchi R.

Software Enginner

Hello Nidal A, As a software engineer at Nokia, one needs strong problem-solving skills to analyze complex problems such as optimizing software algorithms, bug fixing, etc, and developing effective solutions. One can also benefit by having a strong analytical mind to break down these complex problems into smaller components and thus implement better software solutions. I hope this answers your question.

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Nidal A.

Thanks Ruchi R. for the answer, it really explains my question. However, I was thinking it from more day-to-day point of view, and more from executive point if view, like within your team, what technologies and tools your role must specialize during meetings and action in order to be successful. Maybe, this kind of question could be a follow-up question

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Picture of Ruchi R.

Ruchi R.

Software Enginner

Hi Nidal A, On a day-to-day basis, I need strong C/C++ programming skills, knowledge of Linux as an operating system along with a good understanding of the telecom world and terminologies. In terms of tools, my team uses JIRA for tracking tasks using agile methodology, GitLab (Git) for versioning control, and Coverity/Synopsys for code analysis. I wouldn't be the best person to answer from an executive point of view as my role is largely in software development, but I am sure that skills like Requirement Analysis, Agile Framework, and experience using JIRA, MS Office tools, and Confluence can come in handy. You would also benefit from having a good understanding of the telecom industry and Nokia's products, project management skills, communication skills, leadership skills, and quick decision-making. I hope this helps!

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?