Picture of Mam, what are your suggestions to graduates who want to start their journey in the hardware domain in the industry

Mam, what are your suggestions to graduates who want to start their journey in the hardware domain in the industry

Picture of Lindsey
2 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Saumeek U. asked a question to Lindsey S.

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Friday, February 9, 2024

Last reviewed: Friday, February 9, 2024

Picture of Lindsey S.

Lindsey S.

FPGA Engineer

Hey Saumeek! Hardware is very broad, so my advice would be to get involved in internships and projects that will help you figure out what domain of hardware you want to work in. For example, I work mainly with FPGAs, where other hardware engineers may focus more on schematic design/component selection, and others may be more focused on lab work using oscilloscopes and voltage/current generators and meters. The hardware you design might also apply to different applications that are important to understand. For example, at Nokia, I work with hardware for optical networks, but other people might work on hardware for RF, mobile networks, or power applications. All of that to say is, hardware is very broad and can feel overwhelming because of that. Figuring out what your interests are to narrow down the hardware field will help you narrow down your job search, and by focusing on developing yourself in those areas, you can make yourself a prime candidate for the jobs you really want!

Friday, February 9, 2024

Saumeek U.

Mam, I am learning analog design using SkyWater 130nm Open Source Technology. May I know how you started your journey in hardware after graduation

Friday, February 9, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?