Picture of How do you quantify the value you add on a software project? Is Technical Debt a constant focus of engineering teams?

How do you quantify the value you add on a software project? Is Technical Debt a constant focus of engineering teams?

Picture of Stefanos
1 response

Genesis S. asked a question to Stefanos B.

Category: Role Comparison

Date asked: Monday, October 2, 2023

Last reviewed: Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Picture of Stefanos B.

Stefanos B.

Software Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I don't understand exactly what you mean by quantitative value, but in any case, I'll try to explain how I think we add value to a software project. As a team (development & testing) we have to fill in some new requirements in a certain period of time. These requirements aim to improve the product, make it safer and improve its effectiveness and usefulness. Thus, every time we fulfill our requirements, we ensure that our products are attractive to our customers and that our partnership will be maintained and can be expanded with other stakeholders. As you can see, all the embedded features are the real added value in a software project. In addition, you should keep in mind that to fulfill the product requirements we work as a team and each member takes on a small part of the original overall goal. In other words, team-level communication and collaboration are factors that add value to a software project. In conclusion, I would like to tell you that every improvement in a software can be considered as adding value and it is vital to do so if you want to keep your product alive, efficient and profitable.

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?