Picture of Is the culture at Nokia good for people from different backgrounds?

Is the culture at Nokia good for people from different backgrounds?

Picture of Daniela
Picture of Bori
4 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Human Resources

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Thursday, October 22, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, October 23, 2020

Picture of Daniela L.

Daniela L.

Talent Acquisition Partner, HR Region Americas

Hello, Yes, actually that's something that I admire a lot in Nokia, we are a big and diverse family and the culture is of inclusion. Everyone's opinion it's important and valuable.

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Picture of Bori M.

Bori M.

Head of Coaching & Mentoring

Hi, I agree with Daniela, we live and breathe inclusion and diversity, and one of the advantages of working in such a colorful company as Nokia is that you definitely end up working in a group of people from different culture, background, experience and can learn a lot from each other!

Friday, October 23, 2020

Picture of Laura V.

Laura V.

Technology Centre development manager

Hi and thank you for a good question. Our culture values very much diversity and inclusion. We value different types of people who can bring out different points of view and values into working life and into our Nokia family. Drive, dare, and care as we do.

Friday, October 23, 2020

Picture of Charles J.

Charles J.

Learning Solutions Consultant

Each day, I experience first-hand Nokia’s exceptional culture of inclusion, ethics, and integrity. As a minority employee, I’ve lived Nokia’s unique commitment to the role of diversity in business success and respect its unwavering support of the needs of every Nokian – geography, ethnicity, and gender notwithstanding. It is uplifting to me that Nokia, as a global company with multi-cultural teams working closely together, supports the specific needs of its employees and help Nokia’s efforts to build and maintain more equal and inclusive work environments. For example, Nokia partners with its employee organizations such as StrongHer US Women’s Leadership Network, HISPA (Hispanic Association of Nokia Employees), ABLE (Advancing Black Leadership and Excellence), IDEAL (Individuals Dedicated to Enabling Accessibility in Life), 4A (Asian/Pacific American Association for Advancement), and others such as EQUAL! (supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees and their friends and family), LUNA (United Native Americans of Nokia), and VALOR (supporting U.S. military veterans and those currently serving). At Nokia, all employees are encouraged to speak up, and the voice of every Nokia employee is important.

Friday, October 23, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?