Picture of When does Nokia contact the potential references during the hiring process?

When does Nokia contact the potential references during the hiring process?

Picture of Ram
4 responses

Additional information

I would like my job application at Nokia to be confidential from my current employer, until the last stage of the hiring process. I have no issues for my current employer to be contacted, just not at the initial stages of hiring process.

Anonymous asked a question to Daniela L.

Category: How to apply

Date asked: Thursday, June 25, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, June 26, 2020

Picture of Ram V.

Ram V.

Talent Acquisition Partner

Hello We understand your apprehension however there is no need for you to worry about this factor. We work with the professional agency who does the background check verification and they never reveal the organization name. Hope this clarifies and let me know if you need any further support.

Friday, June 26, 2020

Anonymous

Hi Ram, Thanks for the answer. However, your answer doesn't clarify whether the professional agency contacts the current employer or not. Can you clarify? Thanks!

Friday, June 26, 2020

Picture of Ram V.

Ram V.

Talent Acquisition Partner

No, the agency doesn't approach the current employer. It happens post your joining.

Friday, June 26, 2020

Picture of Daniela L.

Daniela L.

Talent Acquisition Partner, HR Region Americas

Correct, Just as Ram mentioned, the agency doesn't contact the current employer unless the candidate gives us permission to do it. This is because we don't want to affect the current situation of the candidate with his employer.

Friday, June 26, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?