How would you describe the company's culture and values?
Best discussions & stories
Picture of Rita
Picture of Dharmendra
6 responses
Xiaowen L. asked a question to Lucy F.
Category: Culture
Date asked: Friday, February 1, 2019
Last update: Tuesday, February 27, 2024
Picture of Lucy F.
Lucy F.
head of technology
Dear Xiaowei, Nokia values(Respect, Achievement, Renewal, Challenge) are the enablers for growth and business performance. They constitute a shared foundation that allows us to build one company, work together and make good decisions. They are guiding principles for all our decision-making. Guided by its four values, Nokia is building a common culture of high performance and high integrity. Nokia Way and Drive, Dare, Care are about the everyday practical demonstration and application of the values in how we work together and how we encounter colleagues and customers as individuals and teams. So from my personal perspective, company value is more related to the foundations and guidelines, culture is more linked to daily behaviour in practice.
Monday, February 11, 2019
Picture of Andrejs B.
Andrejs B.
Source To Pay Project Development Team Lead
Hi Xiaowen, In my experience, the 4 values we have at Nokia (Respect, Achievement, Challenge and Renewal) are a pretty good reflection of character traits we as colleagues already possess. It creates a very natural working culture that inspires people to focus on results and collaborate with each other. And one can really experience this on a daily basis. For instance, when I first joined Nokia I immediately felt my opinions and ideas were listened to and respected, even though my work experience was in a totally different area. I realized quickly that I don't need to have all the solutions (or not right away) to challenging questions & assignments. Instead, it's always a team effort and everyone is more than willing to offer support. I'm still surprised at how so many seemingly different people with various life backgrounds can share similar attitude. But that's what makes Nokia's culture unique and motivating to work in.
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Picture of Dharmendra S.
Dharmendra S.
Head of Business Group and Shared Services - Global Sales Support
While the above answers are great, let me add more (as the previous responses have been posted some time ago already). At Nokia, we call our values as Nokia Essentials. They include being open, fearless and empowered. I am really happy and proud to share that they are lived every day by all around me. Since I joined Nokia decades back, I felt it is being followed everywhere. Collaborating with colleagues across global locations is so easy, sharing views and respecting opinions comes naturally. We are very diverse and inclusive and the contribution from everyone is deeply valued. All leadership levels are easily approachable and there is maximum transparency and regular communication. As a personal example, when I joined Nokia in Finland (being an Indian), I felt so welcome and was accepted instantly. This helped me to focus on being creative, working with passion and achieving more together. I could share my vulnerabilities and get helped easily. We call each other by first name, everyone can put across their views fearlessly and it is a very empowering environment. I am sure you would love our company culture. Hope to see you with us. All the very best.
Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Picture of Burcu D.
Burcu D.
Global Inclusion & Diversity Program Manager
Hi Xiaowen, Our culture is guided by our purpose, strategic commitments, and essentials, which are fundamental facets of the Nokia culture. Through our people and culture, 'we create technology to help the world act together'. We continuously work on building an inclusive company culture and ensure our people are empowered and enabled to deliver on our company purpose and commitments. As mentioned by my colleagues, the guiding principles for our ways of working are our essentials. Let me open them up a bit more. The Nokia essentials were developed in collaboration with our people and customers. They reflect what we all want to experience working with and for Nokia: being open, fearless, and empowered. 1/ Being open in mindset means being open to opportunity, to the future, to new approaches, to collaboration, and to evolving market needs. 2/ Being fearless means bringing an authentic self to work, sharing ideas and opinions, and knowing mistakes are ok as long as we can learn from them. 3/ Being empowered, and supported to make decisions. These essentials help us create work environments for each person to thrive.
Tuesday, February 20, 2024
Picture of Rita L.
Rita L.
Information Management - Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management
Hi, As my colleagues said Nokia's values (Respect, Achievement, Challenge, and Renewal) are the baseline for our culture and for the way we want to improve and set operations in this company. When in some situations, they are not exactly being followed then the goal is to create mechanisms to ensure it, always having in mind that we want to be better and grow the company but also as individuals. Hope I could help you!
Tuesday, February 27, 2024
Picture of Remi M.
Remi M.
Software Engineer
Hi, I could not agree more with prior responses. I want to share that I see our culture at Nokia as open, innovative, and respectful. These values are empowered daily. I am confident that you Xiaowen would enjoy the culture and values here!
Tuesday, February 27, 2024
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.