Picture of What is the work/life balance like?

What is the work/life balance like?

Picture of Andrejs
1 response

Kenwyn I. asked a question to Andrejs B.

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Monday, November 4, 2019

Last reviewed: Thursday, November 7, 2019

Picture of Andrejs B.

Andrejs B.

Source To Pay Project Development Team Lead

Hi Kenwyn, For me personally, the level of attention Nokia pays to the well-being of its employees and their work-life balance is one of the best things about working here. For starters, Nokia promotes the idea of flexibility and motivates colleagues to focus on results rather than strict schedule. For many people this allows to organize their working day in a way that helps to spend more time with the family or simply be more productive (for example, avoid morning or afternoon traffic jams). In addition Nokia frequently raises awareness and educates us (through seminars and courses) on various well-being areas - like mindfulness, emotional well-being, satisfaction, stress management, relaxation techniques, how to implement healthy working practices, how to develop a healthier mindset, how to be more productive and so on. Over a period of time such initiatives really help to incorporate healthy practices and get more fulfilment from the job. In fact, I started practicing daily meditation thanks to one such initiative carried out by Nokia. A couple of years later I still do it and see it as an extremely productive practice that helps me get more done.

Thursday, November 7, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?