Picture of Tell me when you have most valued your colleagues?

Tell me when you have most valued your colleagues?

Best discussions & stories
Picture of Rita
Picture of Charles
4 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Rita L.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Monday, September 25, 2023

Last reviewed: Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Picture of Rita L.

Rita L.

Information Management - Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management

My colleagues and mostly people from my team or people who cooperate with my team have become very important, some become close friends and we always engage in a lot of extra work activities to improve the bond, but the moments when I feel more connected were when I was facing more challenges on a personal level like when I was doing my thesis and I felt demotivated very often or when I had health issues and understood that it is not everything about work. Here, we can have more than teammates, we have real friends and people we can trust.

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Picture of Charles J.

Charles J.

Learning Solutions Consultant

Thank you for this insightful and delightful question. The remarkable talents and deep kindness exhibited by many of my colleagues make this a notable question to answer. At Nokia, I have been blessed to work alongside numerous colleagues who are intellectually gifted and extraordinary as incredibly good people. The times that I have most valued my colleagues occurred when I perceived them providing extra time and effort to support the needs of others during the very times when they themselves faced significant professional challenges and/or personal hardships. Such colleagues consistently demonstrate the ideal where the successes of their coworkers are as important as accomplishments of their own. A permanent personal goal of mine has been to communicate my genuine appreciation for my colleagues through steadfast expressions of thanks.

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Picture of Dharmendra S.

Dharmendra S.

Head of Business Group and Shared Services - Global Sales Support

It is a great question followed by wonderful responses already, please allow me to add further. While I value my colleagues every day (as everything we achieve is teamwork), they are most important during highs and lows. Any celebration is meaningless without them. They are like family, and it is great fun to enjoy together. During challenging times, they are valued the maximum. As an example, during COVID times, we all helped each other during need - with an ambulance, hospitalization, oxygen support, supporting the suffering patients and their loved ones, providing food, and more. We came out of it stronger, together. They are my great source of strength and I miss no opportunity to thank and appreciate them. After all, we are humans first and Nokia is known for its values and supportive culture.

Saturday, October 7, 2023

Picture of Karoliina S.

Karoliina S.

Project Manager, NDAC Networks

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?