Picture of United States to Canada Possibilities

United States to Canada Possibilities

Picture of Linda
3 responses

Additional information

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible for me to be accepted as an eligible intern if I am currently a United States citizen studying in the United States as a lot of the postings for internships in Ottawa state that I should be in an Canadian Institution. I am also wondering what visa I would need in the case that I am selected as an intern. Thanks!

Howard C. asked a question to Linda K.

Category: General

Date asked: Thursday, February 23, 2023

Last reviewed: Friday, February 24, 2023

Picture of Linda K.

Linda K.

Talent Attraction Partner & Campus Program Manager

Hello, you have a great question. If you have a student/work visa and eligible to work in Canada and/or in the US that's great, but our program guidelines in North America also require that all Interns must reside and attend a post-secondary institution in the country they get hired for.

Friday, February 24, 2023

Howard C.

Thank you for your help. Just to clarify, even with a valid Canadian work visa I would not be allowed to take a Nokia Canada internship?

Picture of Linda K.

Linda K.

Talent Attraction Partner & Campus Program Manager

Hi Howard, you can apply for any of our positions so long as you are eligible to work in Canada but to be qualified for a student internship you have to be enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary institution at the moment. Thank you.

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?