“ What is it like being a woman engineer at Nokia? ”

Steffano D. asked a question in topic Life at Nokia
to Sam S. Research And Development Engineer, Nokia Technology Center, Inc. Philippines

30/01/2019
31/01/2019
Research And Development Engineer, Nokia Technology Center, Inc. Philippines

It is very intimidating at first to see that most of my colleagues are men, especially that there is this notion that men excel in Engineering more than women but I was glad to see that I was at par with my teammates. I appreciate it too that we understand and respect each other equally and that there is no sense of division caused by what your gender may be.

14/02/2019
Talent Acquisition Manager - Americas Region, Nokia

I´m not an Engineer, but I can tell you that Nokia is committed to working on Diversity & Inclusion, from the recruitment process and all the way through development and career growth. We know there are some areas where the female population is smaller, but we would love to increase those numbers and we are working on different programs globally to make that happen.

18/02/2019
Social Employer Branding Lead, Nokia

Lucy F. would you like to share your perspective on the topic of being a female engineer at Nokia? Anni R. and Lakshmi J. , you might also want to share your perspective of what's it's like for you to be a woman at Nokia...

People invited to join the discussion:

Head Of Technology, Nokia Mobile Network
Customer Transformation Lead, Nokia
Head Of Operations Services Center Chennai, Nokia
26/02/2019
Customer Transformation Lead, Nokia

I am not an engineer so I cannot comment on that angle. But I think women engineers are very common in Nokia. In fact, I think NOT being an engineer (whether you are man or woman) is more uncommon. The tech industry is tilted in gender split towards majority male by far, so most often I find myself in a room full of men, being the only woman. I think in Nokia this is more a question of volumes of employees than attitudes; which I feel are quite neutral. But it does help that as a woman in this industry you absolutely have to know what you're talking about, especially if you don't have a technical background.

01/04/2019
Head Of Technology, Nokia Mobile Network

As women engineer worked in NOKIA, I feel I could get equal opportunity for career development. In Nokia, I met many excellent females in technology areas, they developed very well, and gender diversity is quite supported. Simply saying, I always forget I am a women in the work, because we are truly equal.

Add to this thread

Nokia

We create the technology to connect the world. To learn more about Life at Nokia and search for available opportunities, visit our Nokia careers website www.nokia.com/careers. 

Visit website