What are the steps to enhance a professional career like yours?
Picture of Lucy
Picture of Sandrine
2 responses
Additional information
Being a software engineer what choices do we have?
Anonymous asked a question to Lucy F.
Category: Career progression
Date asked: Friday, May 24, 2019
Last update: Sunday, June 9, 2019
Picture of Lucy F.
Lucy F.
head of technology
For R&D job opportunity, we have plenty of opportunities in our various technology centers around the globe. We share our latest opportunities on the website , https://www.nokia.com/about-us/careers/our-opportunities/ For professional career development, I am very appreciated to get support on my personal development in the company as well as many of NOKIA colleagues. One of our NOKIA value is renew, employees are encouraged to learn and share, first line manager is taking care of team member’s development, we have 1 in 90 dialogue, open share working objectives and career development plan between manager and employee, and we have many opportunities to support internal job transfer, if you are ready to take something new, always welcome to take extra responsibility. And in NOKIA, the culture is that people dare to make mistake and learn from mistake. I tried many different roles and responsibility inside R&D, learnt a lot from different tasks and assignment. So I think eager to learn and willing to try something new, also show strong accountability and high commitment are quite important for career development.
Monday, May 27, 2019
Picture of Sandrine H.
Sandrine H.
Social Employer Branding Lead
Sam S. you might want to share your perspective as being a software engineer yourself... :)
Sunday, June 9, 2019
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.