What are the basic benefits attached to your unit in Nokia?
Best discussions & stories
Picture of Charles
Picture of Karoliina
4 responses
Kingsley L. asked a question to Nokia
Category: Company Info
Date asked: Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Last update: Thursday, September 22, 2022
Catalina Z.
Hello Kingsley, I must say we have a very competitive package. Nokia takes care of its employees in different ways and always considers the local market. In my case, what I value the most is the flexibility I have to work from home or the office, according to daily meetings and activities. It is a great opportunity if you have to commute a long distance, but it requires, of course, a great amount of responsibility and being self-driven and goal oriented. I hope that solves your questions in some way. Regards,
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Picture of Karoliina S.
Karoliina S.
Project Manager, NDAC Networks
Hi Kingsley, We have many country-specific benefits for employees e.g. possibility to work remotely from home and flexible working hours. Flexibility works in both ways: I can take care of some personal matters in the middle of the working day and work in the evening after office hours. This works perfectly. Nokia takes good care of our physical and mental well-being by offering e.g. various exercise opportunities, supporting our work ergonomics, and offering lectures and events that support comprehensive well-being. And there are many more benefits. All in all, Nokia takes good care of its employees.
Friday, September 16, 2022
Picture of Gail W.
Gail W.
Global Health and Wellbeing Program Manager
Hi Kingsley, Nokia’s policy on flexible working is a huge benefit in my view. It means I am able to work from home, therefore avoiding the long commute to the office, and that leaves me with more time to focus on my personal activities like having time to exercise or relaxing with my family. There are country-specific benefits in relation to healthcare and from my personal experience, this has given me a lot of comfort as the medical care available, both for myself and my family, has been exceptional. In addition to care and support for my physical health, Nokia also provides support for my mental well-being through the global Personal Support Service, a benefit available to all Nokia employees and their family members. Through this service, I have access to emotional counseling, life coaching, and one-to-one coaching on mindfulness techniques, as well as a host of educational events to help me focus on my personal well-being needs. Earlier this year, Nokia introduced two new global employee benefit policies – a ‘Child Leave’ policy providing more equal parental leave, and a ‘Global Life Insurance’ policy offering financial support when a loved one passes. You can read more about these policies in our people strategy press release: https://www.nokia.com/blog/a-new-people-strategy-for-a-dynamic-new-era
Tuesday, September 20, 2022
Picture of Charles J.
Charles J.
Learning Solutions Consultant
Hi Kingsley - As a learning and development professional who has worked in this area of Human Resources for more than 20 years (with five different major corporations and with Nokia since 2015), I feel that Nokia is a great place to work. The team to which I belong is Nokia Learning which is part of the People Services unit of the Chief People Organization. Nokia Learning is Nokia's premier learning organization for continuous learning and professional development. Nokia Learning helps to facilitate Nokia’s customers, partners, and employees learning and development to be more successful in achieving their business objectives. For my own professional career, Nokia has consistently provided the instructions, processes, colleague support, management guidance and feedback, and tools to allow me to help make the best use of my performance improvement and human resources knowledge, skills, and behaviors in support of our customers, partners, and employees. Indeed, Nokia offers numerous relevant tangible and intangible benefits. In addition to its competitive salary treatments, private health, and life insurance, 24+ days off (in addition to recognized holidays) each year, and various reimbursements, Nokia provides numerous personal development and enrichment offerings. The flexible working arrangements supported by Nokia are very popular among its employees. Nokia offers thousands of free-of-charge hard skills and soft skills training courses and certifications, independent employee resource groups (that play a key role in helping to advance the professional and personal growth of Nokia employees by providing forums for networking, career development programs, and voluntary community service initiatives), recognition programs, technical and non-technical events, and conferences, employee stock purchase program, and substantial employee referral bonuses – just to name a few. Recently, Nokia introduced its Technical Career Path provides a rich set of features and resources designed to make career and development opportunities more visible and meaningful for Individual Contributor Subject Matter Experts across Nokia in technical and non-technical roles. There is much more to say, but I hope I have shared sufficient information to help answer your question. Nokia offers excellent tangible and intangible employee benefits, and indeed Nokia is a great place to work.
Thursday, September 22, 2022
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.