What advice would you give to someone who wants your role?
Picture of Lucy
1 response
Mohieddeen J. asked a question to Lucy F.
Category: Career Advice
Date asked: Saturday, February 9, 2019
Last update: Monday, February 11, 2019
Picture of Lucy F.
Lucy F.
head of technology
Dear Mohieddeen Y, there are some suggestions from my personal experience: 1. Whatever you do, do it from whole heart, enjoy and try best in each role you take. Actually, we can learn and develop in each role, enjoy learning. 2. Forget your role, your title, don't be limited by a certain role and title. If we think something is valuable to do, let's do it; Speak about your ideas openly with your managers and your colleagues. 3. Be active to put extra miles to take responsibility on top of your own role, especially cross unit/team cooperation and networking. For example, I took one role as HZTC project leader in 2016, it's a volunteer-based role, the target is to cooperate with Polish colleagues to study different countries culture, share and guide with Chinese and Polish colleagues to improve understanding of each country culture, to improve communication and cooperation cross sites. A lot of extra efforts for learning and sharing, but people really got benefits from the project, I personally built a wider network and learned something new from it. 4. A great thing never came from comfort zones, dare to try something new, be eager to learn. When I decide to try something new, it's not because of the title, but learning opportunity and different experience. It gives me strong internal motivation to jump out of my comfort zone.
Monday, February 11, 2019
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.