Can you explain a bit more about your role at Nokia and share one top project you have been working on?
1 response
Anonymous asked a question to Nokia
Category: Experience
Date asked: Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Last update: Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Andrea U.
I usually summarize my role as enabler and inspirer. This description also has my motivational factor in it, because I truly enjoy making a difference, and engaging with others about different ways of thinking/approaching things. My work involves channeling information between the region (Middle-East & Africa) and global HR CoE (Centre of Expertise) teams, both ways. When it comes to global CoE processes deployments, I get into the details with HR teams in the region on any customization needs regarding local delivery from multiple perspectives (business, culture, engagement, focus areas, etc.). I'm strongly involved in culture cohesion, engagement activities. Following our regular culture cohesion survey, I'm working closely with Country HR colleagues on understanding the results, creating action plans. I also work closely with the region's HR Consulting team that supports Line Managers in our scope with their questions, concerns, needs. I really enjoy that I have the opportunity to work on my own initiatives. When I recognize a need or a gap, I create a proposal for intervention, and I design and roll it out with a group of volunteering colleagues. This volunteering team can form within the region from HR colleagues, but in some cases, colleagues might join in from regions other than Middle-East & Africa to collaborate. This is the beauty of a global organization. I am a certified Nokia business Coach, certified Korn Ferry 360 coach, I facilitate workshops on personal and team effectiveness, and I often receive requests to mentor others. Nokia gave me the know-how and the tools that support my work and keeps me engaged because of the diversity of tasks and interactions. One of the latest projects I initiated was within the leadership development context, the focus was strengthening awareness on our HR processes among the line managers of the region, and at the same time giving them the opportunity to further enhance their skills. The program was a competition among the volunteering participants, a 30 Days Leadership Challenge where they received a list of tasks (challenges) to complete within a one month period. It was a great experience, a new way to recognize role modeling behaviors and approaches within our line manager community.
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.