8 responses
Serena T. asked a question to Anni R.
Category: Culture
Date asked: Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Last update: Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Picture of Anni R.
Anni R.
Development Studies
The work environment is super flexible. We're firm believers that results speak for themselves. You have a lot of freedom to decide where, how and at what hours you work - as long as you deliver results. People's well-being is also well taken care of.
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Picture of Sandrine H.
Sandrine H.
Social Employer Branding Lead
Andrejs B. You might want to share your experience as being part of the IT team at Nokia.
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Picture of Andrejs B.
Andrejs B.
Source To Pay Project Development Team Lead
Hi Serena, Besides flexibility that Anni mentioned one thing I personally enjoy a lot is the level of support you get at Nokia. Both from the company and from your teammates & colleagues. Almost everything is a team effort and is a result of collaboration with others. Nobody is expected to know everything and having colleagues whom you can always turn to for assistance or guidance/advice removes a lot of mental pressure. That support is built on mutual respect, which is one of our core values and ensures that no matter what experience you have your opinion and ideas are valued equally. On the company level Nokia promotes the idea of empowering people and giving them responsibility over certain areas, projects, processes or over ideas. As I see it, that provides the necessary environment to build skills, as well as find and develop areas you're interested in.
Thursday, November 14, 2019
Asan G.
Hi Nokia team, this is Asan from India, I have a new concept for a smartphone it may be very new in the industry, anyone can you guide me further? my mail ID: [email protected]
Monday, January 13, 2020
Nishtha H.
How can i join the nokia team??
Monday, January 27, 2020
Picture of Sandrine H.
Sandrine H.
Social Employer Branding Lead
hi Nishtha, you'll definitely find useful tips and recommendations on how to join us on this platform. Check it out! I wish you the best of luck!
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Picture of Karoliina S.
Karoliina S.
Project Manager, NDAC Networks
Hi, if I would have to answer with only one word, I would say "positive". It doesn't mean everything is always perfect but instead, it means that in general, I feel good to be an employee at Nokia. Everything is in balance, I feel respected, I have many possibilities inside the company and the overall atmosphere is good.
Sunday, January 22, 2023
Picture of Mikko P.
Mikko P.
Research and Development Engineer, L1 Software
Hi, let me add some comments to this ever-important question! I would describe Nokia as a workplace where things are done very seriously but with a relaxed mindset. This means that everybody is trusted to make the best they can deliver and achieve the goals that we set for ourselves. The work that each an every one of us does is very important and contributes to the end results and thus one should take their work and tasks seriously and put their focus into it. However, I also think that the discussion at work can be very free on any topic, and I often find myself enjoying my time at the office, or sharing a funny story with my coworkers. I find it very easy to discuss the serious things in meetings when I know that there is also time for mental refreshment during the working day, and those situations quite often catch me by surprise. So I would summarise that at Nokia people can in one moment really delve into problem solving and at the next moment discuss their weekend plans with others.
Tuesday, August 22, 2023
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.